- 1/2 box whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red pepper
- 1 purple pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful of fresh basil
- 5 or 6 large pitted green olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- lemon pepper seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pinch of crushed red pepper
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Cut the peppers into large pieces and place on baking sheet. Spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 425 until edges start to blacken, about 15 minutes. Turn over and cook for another ten minutes or so until blackened on both sides. Take out of the oven and immediately fold the aluminum foil over the peppers like a package - this will make it easier to peel off the skins later. Let cool.
2. Line another baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the tomatoes on the sheet and sprinkle with salt. Put the tray in the oven for about 10 minutes. While the tomatoes are baking, start boiling the water for the pasta. When water is boiling, place pasta in the pot.
3. Once the tomatoes have roasted for about about 10 minutes, take them out and put the shrimp on the tray together with the tomatoes. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and pop back into the oven for another five minutes or until the shrimp is pink and opaque. Take out and keep warm by covering with foil.
4. Drain pasta, reserving a couple tablespoons of the cooking water.
5. Now peel the skin off the peppers, being careful not to burn your hands. This can be messy, so you might want to be near a sink so you can rinse your hands often. Once they are peeled, place them with the garlic, basil, olives and olive oil in a blender or food processor and pulse/puree until incorporated.
6. Mix this with the pasta, tomatoes and shrimp, adding a little of the cooking water if more liquid is needed. Sprinkle with salt to taste and a pinch of red pepper. Yum!!