Cashew Shrimp Curry
1 bunch scallions (chopped)
1pt shitake mushrooms
Fresh ground black pepper & sea salt to taste
1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
1⁄2 c fresh cilantro (coarsely chopped)
1 c chicken or vegetable broth
1 c Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
1 c cooked rice
1⁄2 c cashew nuts (whole for garnish)
1 lb shrimp (large, raw and peeled)
1 8oz. can of water chestnuts (sliced)
- In a bowl toss the shrimp with curry powder and cinnamon and set aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add scallions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Then add mushrooms, water chestnuts and 1/4 cup of cilantro and sauté until mushrooms are tender and transfer to a plate.
- Using the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and start sautéing the shrimp for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth slowly and stirring constantly.
- Return the sauté mushrooms and water chestnuts to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the yogurt slowly stirring constantly and serve immediately over rice.
- Garnish with cashews and 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.