Just had to buy a box of this fun tennis-racket shaped pasta made by DeCecco. Paired with a pesto sauce, this salad is a perfect way to kick off summer!
- 1 box DeCecco Racchette shaped pasta
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes (or 1 container cherry tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted olives
- Pesto (directions below)
- Cook pasta until al dente (about 9 min). When done, drain and rinse with cold water then transfer to a large bowl.
- Peel cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Chop into bite size pieces. Chop tomatoes (or cut in half if using cherry tomatoes). Add cucumber, tomatoes and olives to pasta.
- Mix in pesto. (May not need entire recipe below. If not, refrigerate or freeze remaining for future use).
- Chill for a few hours to allow flavors to blend Enjoy!
- 2 cups basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. lemon juice
Pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, almonds, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and pulse again. Add more lemon juice if needed.